Kendall calls for approaches to meet new logistics challenges
Summarization of events written by the Veteran X Team.
- US Air Force Secretary Frank Kendall told a large gathering of defense and military logistics experts Monday that America’s ability to move anything anywhere, anytime is unmatched. But warned that the country’s logistics companies will have to innovate to be relevant with the challenging world.
- Kendall’s keynote address to the National Defense Transportation Association Meeting The Transportation Command at a suburban Washington, and laid out the challenges facing China and what the United States is facing. must do to better maintain global stability.
- He also delivered a strong message to Congress on the need to”replace old systems and excess capacity that have little or no bearing on the challenges we face. We can protect the status quo or we can protect America.”… I am very willing to work with Congress to find creative ways to move forward, but we have to move forward, “he said.
- At the same time, Kendall recognized that the roots of the US Army logistics company are strong. The US Air Force Mobility Command, Kendall also noted the former AMC commanding officer Gen. Jacqueline D. Van Ovost was recently sustained and sworn-in Commanding officer at USTRANSCOM.
- Peacetime airlift operation is far from what is likely to be the confrontation of the modern world, combining sophisticated weapons with refined capabilities in space and long cyber distances, including the Pacific. There are also more traditional and less exotic concerns.
- Kendall used a recent example and a thinking exercise to illustrate his points.
Sourced from: https://www.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/2814775/kendall-calls-for-technically-and-operationally-innovative-approaches-to-meet-l/
Information vetted by the Veteran X Team.