Summarization of events written by the Veteran X Team.
All Militarty Veterans Homeless or At Risk of Homelessness
For assistance now Veterans and their families can call 1-877-4AID-VET. If veterans have no phone or Internet capabilities, they should NOT visit the nearest VA medical center without calling 1st, the VA is urging veterans not homeless or at risk of becoming homeless should contact their VA medical center before visiting.
No Veteran Should Be Homeless
- The Veteran Affairs is active and has committed to ending Veteran homelessness. They are focus is on the areas of:
- Conducting and coordinated action to locate and seek out veterans in need of resources, services, and assistance.
- Networking the homeless, or at-risk veteran with housing, health care, community employment services, and other necessary solutions.
- Collaborate with federal, and local state agencies; hiring employers; NPO providers, religious and community organizations; in order to expand employment and affordable housing solutions for veterans emerging from, or at -risk of homelessness.
- Homeless and at risk Veterans can call or visit their local VA Medical Center or Community Resource and Referral Center where the staff members are standing by and ready to help.
- Veterans & families can Explore more are the www.va.gov/homeless website to learn more.
Sourced from: https://www.va.gov/homeless/
Information vetted by the Veteran X Team.